Pfizer is saying today that it does not intend to extend a firm offer for AstraZeneca, bringing an end to its attempt to acquire the UK drug maker. AZ shareholders were split on the latest offer, and a stumble by AZ would probably bring many of them back to the negotiating table. Per UK securities law, a six month month cooling off period now follows. I’m guessing Pfizer will be waiting, and watching.
- The New Geography of Innovation
- Boston-Cambridge is THE Life Sciences Hub
- Clayton Christensen Demolishes Jill Lepore’s Critique of Disruptive Innovation
- Why isn’t New York City a Biotech Hub?
- Infographic: Top 15 Large Pharma Companies by Market Cap
- Broad Institute Receives $650M for Psychiatric Research
- AbbVie will buy Shire in another Pharma tax inversion strategy