- The New Geography of Innovation
- Boston-Cambridge is THE Life Sciences Hub
- Clayton Christensen Demolishes Jill Lepore’s Critique of Disruptive Innovation
- Why isn’t New York City a Biotech Hub?
- Infographic: Top 15 Large Pharma Companies by Market Cap
- Broad Institute Receives $650M for Psychiatric Research
- AbbVie will buy Shire in another Pharma tax inversion strategy
Tag Archives: AstraZeneca
Pfizer is saying today that it does not intend to extend a firm offer for AstraZeneca, bringing an end to its attempt to acquire the UK drug maker. AZ shareholders were split on the latest offer, and a stumble by AZ would … Continue reading
Over the weekend, Pfizer finally made an official offer for AstraZeneca, by raising its bid to $119B (15% higher than the last, unofficial, offer), and increasing the cash portion of the deal from 33% to 45%. AZ had a market cap of … Continue reading
So says John LaMattina, a former head of research at Pfizer: The only way for a shark to survive is to keep going forward. To maintain its leadership, Pfizer will again need to make a major acquisition in the next … Continue reading
Amidst several indications that Pfizer will launch a hostile bid for AstraZeneca if necessary, this quote stands out: Asked whether hostile moves could hurt integration of the two companies, Chief Executive Ian Read said, “No, in my opinion, all it … Continue reading
Many observers were initially left scratching their heads over Pfizer’s pursuit of AstraZeneca, a company that has had major pipeline troubles of its own. As more information has come out, Pfizer’s strategy is beginning to make sense. They aren’t pursuing an old-style mega … Continue reading
Pfizer continues to stalk AstraZeneca, even as other firms abandon mega mergers.