- The New Geography of Innovation
- Boston-Cambridge is THE Life Sciences Hub
- Clayton Christensen Demolishes Jill Lepore’s Critique of Disruptive Innovation
- Why isn’t New York City a Biotech Hub?
- Infographic: Top 15 Large Pharma Companies by Market Cap
- Broad Institute Receives $650M for Psychiatric Research
- AbbVie will buy Shire in another Pharma tax inversion strategy
Tag Archives: 3D printing
Mashable has Lance Ulanoff’s first person account of what it’s like to drive a 3-D printed car: “singularly awesome!” The Strati, made by Local Motors, has leather seats, Bridgestone Battlax (motorcycle) wheels, a small Renault Twizy electric motor and a 120 pound … Continue reading
Speculation has been building that Apple and Google might be gearing up to produce consumer 3D printers (along with other tech giants). Indeed, analysts have been urging Apple to do so. Apple, of course, was primarily responsible for the desktop publishing phenomena, … Continue reading
MakerBot‘s newest 3-D printer, the Makerbot Replictor Mini, started shipping yesterday. Employing fast and easy “One Touch” 3D printing, the Mini is a cost-effective solution for small scale prototyping or teaching kids about creating and printing in three dimensions. Makerbot also sells … Continue reading
Extrapolating the 3D printer trend one step further, researchers are working on systems that can “print” large scale structures made of concrete. Like a house, for example –printed in only 24 hours.