Amazon has launched Kindle Textbook Creator (beta), making it easy for anyone to create electronic textbooks from PDF files and publish them with interactive ebook features. This could be very disruptive for the textbook industry, if enough academics decide to self-publish.
- The New Geography of Innovation
- Boston-Cambridge is THE Life Sciences Hub
- Clayton Christensen Demolishes Jill Lepore’s Critique of Disruptive Innovation
- Why isn’t New York City a Biotech Hub?
- Infographic: Top 15 Large Pharma Companies by Market Cap
- Broad Institute Receives $650M for Psychiatric Research
- AbbVie will buy Shire in another Pharma tax inversion strategy