Harvard researchers interested in creating self-assembling electromechanical systems are building miniature robots from a few motors, polystyrene sheets, and some paper. Inspired by origami and copying some of the properties of the kid’s toy Shrinky Dinks, the team created robots that start flat, fold themselves up and then walk away. IKEA flat packs meet Transformers!
- The New Geography of Innovation
- Boston-Cambridge is THE Life Sciences Hub
- Clayton Christensen Demolishes Jill Lepore’s Critique of Disruptive Innovation
- Why isn’t New York City a Biotech Hub?
- Infographic: Top 15 Large Pharma Companies by Market Cap
- Broad Institute Receives $650M for Psychiatric Research
- AbbVie will buy Shire in another Pharma tax inversion strategy